Making Homemade Paint Brushes Sensory Craft!
I Absolutely Must Do Coloring Now or Painting or Drawing (Charlie and Lola) by Lauren Child is a wonderful activity book packed full of ideas to share with the children. And, there are so many great crafts to go along with the book, like this homemade paint brushes craft for kids!
While the kids are making their homemade paint brushes, play the This Is The Way We Laugh And Play song for kids in the background.
This Is The Way We Laugh And Play song for kids is the perfect compliment to go along with this fun craft idea!
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s make homemade paintbrushes with the kids!
Craft items you will need:
- Craft sticks to use for the handle of the brushes.
- A variety of materials to use for the brushes like feathers, pipe cleaners, yarn, and bubble wrap.
- Start by selecting what you want to use for each of your paintbrushes.
- Cut several lengths of material or pieces of material then tape the material to the end of the craft sticks.
- Set the homemade paint brushes out withÂ paper and paint.
The pipe cleaner paint brushes were really fun to try.
You can shape them to go in different directions and they h0ld up well after use by several different children.
I love the different strokes that can be made with the pipe cleaner paint brushes!!
Special thanks to Deborah J. Stewart