A Candy Cane Craft for Christmas!
Let’s make a Candy Cane Craft for Christmas with the kids! Candy canes are so bright and colorful, and this craft activity makes them super fluffy and fun too! The kids can’t eat em’, but they will sure have a blast making them!
This candy cane craft project is a perfect activity for preschool and kindergarten children for a winter or Christmas theme unit. And, it helps build fine motor skills.
Santa Claus Is Comin’ to Town by Steven Kellogg is a wonderful book to read to children about Christmas. And, there are so many great activities to go along with the book, like this Candy Cane craft for kids!
While the children are working on their Candy Cane craft, play the Santa Claus is Coming To Town Christmas song in the background.
Santa Claus is Coming To Town Christmas song for kids is a nice complement to this super fun kids Winter craft activity!
So what are you waiting for? Let’s make a Candy Cane Craft with the kids!
Craft items you will need and Craft instructions:
- Gather your materials. You will need some cardboard (like an old cereal box), some red paint, a marker, glue, cotton balls and something to paint with. We are using a dish scrubber because it’s been a while since we’ve painted with it but anything will do, finger painting is a great option too!
- Start by drawing a candy cane on the cardboard.
- Paint it red and let it dry.
- Add some stripes of glue.
- Pop on some cotton balls and Let dry.
- When it’s all dry, cut it out and you have a sweet, soft and fluffy treat!
Special thanks to Allie McDonald